First 30 Days Checklist
Congratulations on your new role as Archivist! Thank you for your commitment to Alpha Delta Pi and for ensuring the success of your chapter. There is a lot to do! While this is not an exhaustive list to govern your entire term of office, it can get you started on the tasks you will need to complete during your first 30 days in office. This resource should be used as a supplement to Leadership Planning Workshop. Tasks in each section are listed in the recommended order of completion.
Complete Transition Paperwork
- Log on to Pride Online and ensure your contact information is up to date.
Meet with your contacts
- Meet with the outgoing Archivist to transition your roles. This is an individual meeting between the outgoing Archivist and the incoming Archivist. This should not be done during the Leadership Planning Workshop.Though you meet with your outgoing officer to learn more about your position and gain insight from the past academic year, your primary source of information for transitions should be the resources available on Pride Online, such as Library Courses, Manuals and Forms, and the Chapter Operations Book. If conflicting or outdated information is provided the materials that live on Pride Online.
- Review the shared content from the Departing Officer Workbook and Incoming Officer Workbook.
- Discuss plans for additional transitions meetings if needed and establish communication expectations for questions that arise throughout the year.
- Transition any chapter files and paperwork, hard copy or digital, you may need.
- Email your Executive Chapter Advisor.
- Introduce yourself, exchange contact information, and discuss expectations for the upcoming year.
- Meet with the Operations Team (Vice President of Operations, Operations Specialist and Archivist).
- Discuss your roles and the scope of responsibilities.
- Discuss success, challenges, and issues you might expect during your term of office.
- Discuss communication expectations and dates for team meetings.
Learn the Ropes
- Attend Leadership Planning Workshop and set goals and expectations for the upcoming year.
- Complete Incoming Officer Workbook prior to Leadership Planning Workshop.
- Set individual and team goals and expectations for the upcoming year.
- Obtain and review Alpha Delta Pi:
- Statements of Policy
- Standards Code
- Chapter Bylaws and Standing Rules
- Roles and responsibilities for your position
- Roles and responsibilities of your team
- Officer Digests: Collegiate chapter officer communications are sent directly to individual officers on a weekly basis. These officer updates are shared, as needed, on Sundays, in the form of an Officer Digest. Not every officer will receive a digest each Sunday, only when there is time sensitive material and information included.
- Loyally, Sisters, or More Sisters to read about your chapter history, if copies are available
- Highlights and Major Milestones on alphadeltapi.org
- Digital Archives
- Attend any/all relevant training offered by your campus Panhellenic and/or Fraternity/Sorority Life office.
- Attend any Archivist virtual training (or watch recordings) and review new resources provided.
- Review and organize chapter history materials including scrapbooks, records, photos, and other memorabilia.
Role & Responsibilities
- Serves as a member of the Operations Team to ensure the efficiency of chapter operations.
- Maintains and updates the chapter scrapbook.
- Prepares special displays as appropriate (e.g. recruitment, homecoming, chapter anniversaries, reunions, etc.)
- Helps present the Chapter History Unit at Alpha Member Education Sessions if requested by the Director of New Member Experience
- Maintains and updates her officer materials.
- Sets personal goals for the office of Archivist and works toward their accomplishment.